12 Month Fixed Term Contract
As an HR business partner, you will represent the HR Team in playing a key role in the next chapter in our journey: Shifting our business from a Process Led to a Talent Led business.
Working from our Southampton office you will provide pragmatic and commercial HR generalist support and relationship management to a dedicated business(es), contributing to the delivery of all people activities - including resourcing, talent management, organisational development, employee relations, change management, cultural transformation and reward.
As a proven Leader you will use your influencing skills to challenge and shape your client group(s).
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
- Work with your client group to drive the right behaviours and culture within the organisation.
- Identify people practices and drive initiatives to support business aims and the desired culture to support our ambition of being a vertically integrated business.
- Facilitate the development of a high performance culture within the business to develop and strengthen our talent, bench strength and capability.
- Support and embed talent & succession planning activities; identify development needs
- Managing the action planning & implementation following the 6 monthly & annual performance reviews
- Support and embed L&D and OD initiatives
- Build and sustain effective working relationships, engaging and influencing key stakeholders and actively involving relevant parties in the decision making process.
- Provide commercial and pragmatic advice and guidance to key stakeholders on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, leveraging specialists within the HR team where needed.
- Work in partnership with the business and HR team to ensure the delivery of projects and services in line with the HR strategy, ensuring that all HR initiatives and processes actively reinforce our Culture.
- Coach and develop the leadership community within your business area.
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Ability to challenge status quo with strong decision making ability guided by policies and regulatory constraints.
- Anticipates customer needs and identifies solutions; anticipates areas of conflict and works to resolve them. Proactively builds a network of contacts and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, including directors.
- Identifies possible concerns/objections and structures communication accordingly; conveys confidence when dealing with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- Prioritises a high volume workload that is subject to both change and ambiguity.
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and non-standard situations. Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view.
- Anticipates and reacts positively to change; encourages others to see the benefits of change and to learn from it.
- Interprets business issues and recommends best practice in own discipline.
- CIPD level 7 (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in a senior HR Business Partner role
- Business Partnering of Sales & Marketing functions would be highly desirable
- Experience of managing change and driving HR initiatives in a fast-paced, complex environment
- C Suite stakeholder management is desirable
Rewards and benefits:
We offer an innovative and flexible reward package. In addition to your starting salary, depending on the grade and location of the role we also offer:
Access to a great range of offers and discounts from well-known retailer
Season ticket loans
The ability to buy and sell holiday
Bonus - most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company and personal performance
Pension Scheme - non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
Private medical insurance
A flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)