Acorn is recruiting on behalf of our client for a HR Advisor to join their expanding team. Reporting to the Senior HR Advisor, the HR Advisor will be the first point of contact for providing support and advice to line managers on the operation of their integrated HR systems, Company Policies and Procedures, Well-Being and Recruitment.
In addition, the HR Advisor will manage and maintain our integrated HR systems, along with payroll co-ordination and input for the site.
* Provision of day to day HR advice, support and practical guidance to line managers
* Input and Maintenance of the Time and Attendance and HR Systems
* Co-ordination of, and Input into, the UK's payroll system
* Recruitment up to and including Supervisory level, including screening of all applications to site and preparation and administration of selection tests where appropriate
* To ensure an end-to-end process for on-boarding for all employees is in evidence and fully documented, paying particular attention to all required new starter paperwork.
* Preparation of Terms & Conditions of Employment for shop floor employees
* Maintaining accurate and up to date job descriptions
* Conducting exit interviews for leavers
* Absence Management Controls - liaising with all Departmental heads and the Occupational Health Department, to review and evaluate relevant action
* Assisting with disciplinary interviews up to and including Supervisor level
* Monthly reports for departmental managers (Absence/Headcount Analysis)
* Liaising and working with external organisations to ensure legal compliance
* Undertake and participate in HR Projects when required
* Knowledge and experience of HR essential, with qualification to CIPD level desirable
* A good standard of education, numerate and literate
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Pro-active, with a willingness to get involved with all aspects of work in the department.
* Attention to detail imperative as is the ability to work to strict deadlines
* Able to prioritise workload
* Flexible and adaptable to meet demanding business needs
* Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
* Paying a basic salary of between £22,000 - £23,000.
* Monday to Friday working hours (38 hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8 am - 4:45 pm and Friday 7:30 am - 12:30 pm)
* Free parking on site
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme : Employer matches up to 5%
* Life assurance 4 x annual salary (upon joining scheme
* Canteen Facilities
* Cycle to Work scheme in place
* Company Sick Pay Scheme - dependent upon length of service
Apply today for immediate consideration.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.