Highways Interface Advisor
Job Title - Highways Interface Advisor
Location - Glasgow, G2 5NW
Rates - £131.81 LTD/Umbrella OR £116.70 PAYE per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Network Rail is looking for a Highways Interface Advisor to focus on requirements to comply with highways interface legislation where it impacts upon the clients activities.
The role involves inputting road closure requests from project teams and acting as the liaison between various those project teams within Network Rail and the Roads Authority to organise and monitor progress thereafter; keeping the in-house system updated in respect of highways interface activities.
What you will do:
It is a fairly 'real time' role which requires someone who is enthusiastic, attentive & perceptive has a good aptitude and is computer literate with regards to the data inputting activity.
You will have good communication skills and be most comfortable having dialogue with other parties. Computer literate and able to think on your feet, with the ability to pick up various processes as and when required.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the effective management of the Street Works Notice Management System for a defined geographical area.
- Progress statutory notifications to relevant local authorities, street works undertakers, and other bodies for all client activities that have a highway interface.
- Update the street works management system in accordance with national processes, populate systems with data.
- Liaise with highway authorities, statutory undertakers and public utilities as required, and advise on attendance at highway authorities' coordination meetings, where necessary.
- Interface and liaise with local Authorities on the introduction and application of chargeable Permits required for the clients' works.
- Validation on Fixed Penalty fines made against the Route and management of process where client works were undertaken in accordance with New Road and Streetworks regulations.
- Give advice on and action external electronic notifications in order that business dis-benefits are minimised and opportunities maximised.
- Provide advice internally and externally on the clients' management and delivery of highways interface activities including advice on notification procedure and timescales.
Experience will include:
- BTEC or equivalent qualification
- Good information technology skills
- Good geographical knowledgeDesirable
- Experience in street works management in an appropriate environment
- Knowledge of New Roads and Street Works legislation, associated codes of practice
- Good railway and geographical knowledge
- Awareness of railway infrastructure and its functionality
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated on-boarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
It is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p> </p><p><strong><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-s
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"