This role is based at prestigious corporate offices in London. As Health and Safety Assistant, you will support this successful organisation's health and safety management systems. These systems ensure that the company meets its statutory obligations and is controlling the risks to their people and business.
Responsible for the administration of the health and safety management systems to ensure compliance with all environment, health, safety and welfare legislation by:
Maintaining the health and safety administration systems for; workstation assessments, fire safety and manual handling.
Administering health and safety training for; Fire Safety, First Aid and other necessary training.
Responsible for recording the purchase of ergonomic equipment and processing invoices.
Undertaking risk assessments incl DSE, expectant mother etc
Key responsibilities and challenges
Health and Safety
Provide support to the Health and Safety team to support the company's activities and undertaking to ensure that they meet its obligations under Health, Safety and Welfare legislation by:
- Administering the health and safety systems for workstation assessments and ensuring that follow up action is undertaken.
- Ensuring the H&S intranet page is kept up to date.
- Undertaking the ordering of equipment and supplies to support the risk assessment process. Supports this process by recording orders and processing invoices in accordance with accounting processes.
- Provide first line advice and support via the Health and Safety support line and e-mail link.
- Administering health and safety training for; Fire Safety, First Aid etc.
- Undertake risk assessments incl DSE, expectant mother etc.
- Undertaking regular inspections of pre-determined areas of the building and take action to resolve issues.
- Support the Health and wellbeing programme incl running the Global Challenge.
- Liaise with our HR teams to maintain awareness of current issues and trends.
- Assisting with the collation of global H&S information to feed in to our OHSMS.
- Any other activities to support the wider health and safety team
The ideal candidate:
- Able to Communicate fluently
- Good inter-personal skills
- An eye for detail and will not cut corners.
- Self motivated
- Able to use own initiative to recommend improvements to systems
- Flexible and adaptable to changing systems
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Able to work within a multi disciplined team
Education / Qualification
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- An understanding of UK health and safety law
- Previously undertaken DSE assessments
- An understanding of OHSH18001 systems
- Experience of maintaining internal budgets
- Previous experience in a Corporate environment
- IT literate (Microsoft office)
- DSE Assessments
- H&S Training
- Safety Management Systems
- health and safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'