You will be:
- Assisting the Health and Safety Manager to develop, promote and sustain a best value, customer focused health and safety service, supporting the strategic objectives and performance standards
- Assisting in the identification of any training needs
- Contributing to the development of effective health and safety management systems, policies and procedures that reflect best practice and comply with health and safety legislation
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training, development workshops or briefings for managers and employees
- Developing and maintaining close and effective links with managers and local Trade Union Representatives, ensuring that service needs are responded to promptly
- Providing professional advice on all matters relating to occupational health and safety
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure health and safety contributes to the effective delivery of service provisions
- Undertaking any other relevant and appropriate duties
You should have a broad range of experience working within the health and safety field in a practitioner role. You must have a track record of developing and implementing health and safety policies, procedures and guidelines in compliance with legislative requirements, providing advice and devising risk control measures. You must be experienced in carrying out accident investigation and reporting, auditing and workplace inspection and delivering health and safety training.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online immediately.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job