3 weekly shift pattern:
Due to the above hours, my client requires an individual that can be flexible
Salary: £22,000-£26,000 depending on skills and experience
The successful candidate will be working in a relatively new office meaning all work and customer service towards internal and external customers should be kept professional and to the highest standard possible at all times.
Overview of the role:
The Head Receptionist will take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the department, ensuring first-rate Reception and Meeting Room Booking Support Services are provided and will use initiative, excellent communication skills and prompt action in order to ensure high levels of customer service and standards are consistently delivered in the client office.
The Head Receptionist will contribute to the review of business support to ensure that the service continues to be efficient and effective and will take into account changing service levels, priorities, changes to policies and procedures and technological developments.
- Immaculate personal presentation and the ability to ensure that the Front of House team maintains a professional image and standards of appearance at all times when interacting with external visitors and internal customers within the client office.
- To demonstrate company values at all times.
- Ensure that the Front of House team understand Customer Service expectations.
- Take personal responsibility for Health & Safety and know the Emergency arrangements
- Have the ability to remain calm working under pressure and manage changing priorities
- Ability to use initiative when demanding situations arise
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically when dealing with a wide range of people
- Ensure Security and Health & Safety protocols are followed during visitor sign in
- Ensure that the visiting staff who have successfully completed the BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) vetting, NNB Generic Induction training and Qube Induction training but do not work frequently are issued with a Temporary Pass
- Ensure that any person(s) not able to prove that they have completed their BPSS vetting and relevant induction training are issued with an Escorted Visitor's Pass and that they are supervised by their Escort at all times
- Flexibility to cover as required and to work across the department.
- Coordinate daily Setting-to-Work meetings and ensure that the Front of House team is briefed on any large-scale meetings, events or VIP visitors.
- To ensure team members have current knowledge of the booking systems, meeting rooms, site facilities, local area and other general product knowledge necessary to perform their duties.
- To be knowledgeable of all meeting room layouts, capacities and Catering policies so as to efficiently support the PA Community and end users.
- To ensure that all Front of House tasks such as visitor pre-registration; mailbox management, bookings checks, reminder emails and checklists are completed.
- To demonstrate positive leadership characteristics to inspire team members to be proactive, efficient and courteous and to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- To participate in the review of all customer feedback and under the approval of the Facilities Manager to implement/ action, as appropriate relevant improvements to the service delivery.
- To ensure service standards are met and improvement plans are in place to drive forward Customer and Operational excellence.
- To assess employees' daily performance and carry out training as necessary.
- To expedite the satisfactory resolution of any problems that may arise.
- To produce monthly management reports in respect of visitor footfall and meeting room utilisation.
- New starter inductions, training and weekly progress reviews.
- Rota preparation/staff scheduling.
- Forecast visitor footfall and determine supply levels required to manage the service (i.e. access cards, stationery and printing supplies).
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels during the agreed times to ensure no drop in service levels.
- Manage staff sickness and holidays.
- Ensure effective communication and information sharing within the team.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- May be required to cover security duties during periods of absence.
- Must carry, or be able to obtain, a valid SIA license.
- Good knowledge of the local area and local services
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this role as determined by the Facilities Manager.
- This job will entail working at the head office with a large visitor footfall and a high level of security and so a high degree of personal responsibility is required.
- Individuals will need to be mature, calm and able to think on their feet.
The following competencies will be essential to your success in this role;
Learning - Improves job performance and betters themselves
Informing - Makes management aware of risks and improvement opportunities
Customer centric - Is warm and welcoming toward internal and external customers; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customers' needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Motivated - Is self-motivated and able to motivate others
Flexible - You may be asked for example to work in the post room or to assist with meeting room set-up
Respectful - Of people, property and equipment
Time keeping - Be on time to start your shift/working day; complete tasks on time
Logical thinker - Analyses situations and reacts in an appropriate way
If you are interested in this role please send your CV
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.
- Head Receptionist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job