Head of HR
Head of Human Resources Job Warwickshire
Your new company
A medium sized, family run business, who are market leaders in their field and who are continuing to achieve year on year growth.
Your new role
As Head of HR you will play a vital role in the management and delivery of the Group wide HR strategy. You will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and reporting to the Board all areas of resourcing, recruiting, legislation, people development, performance and disciplinary and best practice.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Overall control of the Human Resource and training function, including line management of the HR team
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan. Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Keeping the Board informed of HR changes and updates as needed
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Implement and develop remuneration and reward procedures
- Recruitment & Selection- work with Line Managers to draw up JDs in line with banding. Supporting HR team with set up of interviews and assessment centers. Involvement in interview process at second stage. Managing the relationship with recruitment agencies to drive cost reduction and preferred supplier status. Building relationships with local schools and colleges, opportunities for apprenticeships.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Work with Head of Talent to plan employee training and development programs, including all aspects of talent management and appraisal. Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads. Manage costs to budget.
- Improving management / employee communications, including mediating in disputes and advising line managers on how to implement HR policies ensuring compliance with employment law
- Ensure full adherence to employment law to evidence compliance with H&S, GDPR, NLW, working time directive and employee rights. Ensuring excellent audit outcomes with external auditors.
- Run monthly Forums with three key business areas: Operations and Manufacturing to ensure full two-way communication.
- Responsibility for managing all ER caseload, including absence, performance and disciplinary matters. Liaising with external employment law specialist as required. Managing restructure and redundancy cases as well as handling any settlement agreements.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have worked in a similar role within an SME business previously and have the following skills and experience:
- Previously influenced senior managers, built strong commercial relationships and driven an HR strategy
- HR Manager level - must be comfortable working in a standalone environment
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with department managers. Demonstrable maturity, professionalism and gravitas
- Works with others in a collaborative and solutions focused manner to achieve win-win outcomes
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Demonstrate an understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively with a variety of people and to make informed decision around resourcing, reporting structures and relationships
- The ability to inspire confidence of the Board and other senior managers through timely delivery of information and plans.
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and common sense approach
- Familiar with best practice redundancy processes and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Commercial acumen - has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this information to push back and support managers in resource and succession planning
- Able to problem solve both operational and strategic issues through a pragmatic and commercially sound approach
- Human Resources Manager cover is provided by a member of the Human Resources team or a suitable, more senior contact.
- Educated to Degree level
- 5+ years HR Management experience
- People management Experience
- CIPD qualified
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Head of HR
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"