Overall Job Purpose
The Head of FP&A is a key member of the finance team, responsible for providing the business with accurate, timely reporting and business intelligence/insight into the Company’s performance. Overseeing a team of six, the position is also responsible for overseeing the Company’s strategic planning, budget and forecasting process and will play a lead role in developing the business’ data management strategy.
- Lead the FP&A Team (team of 6) consisting of a Business Intelligence Manager, Oversee, reporting analysts and Business Intelligence analysts;
- Responsible for the production of daily, weekly and monthly management information for the business;
- Provide adhoc reporting and analysis to the business;
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process, including the 3 Year Plan, controlling the timetable and co-ordinating input from across the business and deliver insightful presentations to the Operations Board and Main Board. The process will involve working closely with the CFO, Revenue Director to develop the sales forecasts, Sales and Marketing Director, the Operations Finance Director and Financial Controller, production of budget packs and presentation of the forecasts to Senior Management;
- Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives, identify and develop key metrics and KPI’s to accurately monitor the performance and development of the company;
- Lead the development of business intelligence tools and dashboards. The role will involve business partnering with senior management across the business to understand their requirements and subsequently develop reports that provide insight and drive action;
- Lead the development of company’s MI, reporting and data management strategy to enable both financial and non-financial metrics from across the business to be analysed, ensuring that all data is accurate, up to date and reliable with a robust, over-arching governance structure;
- Key role in choosing the appropriate FP&A systems to provide greater business insight.
- Lead the investment appraisal process including periodic development of the appraisal model to reflect latest market conditions and business initiatives.
- Manage the relationship with FP&A systems external suppliers.
Person Specification: Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 3 years in a similar role in a multi-site, high volume low value transaction business;
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, taking control of your own workload and managing competing priorities with tasks arising from a variety of sources with frequently tight deadlines;
- Strong leadership and staff development skills, have worked in a dynamic environment requiring change / restructure;
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work across all levels of the business effectively;
- Ability to think creatively and present complex data in an easily understandable manner;
- High level of competence in Microsoft Excel, experience of forecasts modelling is essential;
- Demonstrate a good balance of technical competence with true commercial awareness;
- Demonstrate the ability to work at both the strategic and the "hands on" level.