Job Title: Head of Customer Services
Sector: New Build Residential - Developer
Your salary: Up to £70,000 + Package + Benefits
Where: West London
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Peter Alleyne)
Who you'll be working for:
An opportunity has arisen to work for one for this rapidly expanding developer who is creating a reputation as the joint venture partner of choice for major regeneration schemes in London and home-counties. At this moment in time, they are actively seeking a Head of Customer Services to be based out of their regional office in West London.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Ensure any Customer complaints are fully investigated and resolved promptly and efficiently
- Following Customer inspections, advise Administrators to organise for the Maintenance Team/Sub-Contractors to undertake any agreed remedial work
- Provide information to the Director, and any other relevant Manager regarding inspections carried out, including recurring defects and workmanship
- Monitor contractors and Maintenance Operatives whilst remedial works are being undertaken
- Advise of any materials required for remedial work with the Administrators
- Advise Director or in his absence, of any risks to the business and department
- Following Customer visits, advise Administrators of any instructions to be directed to specific Sub-Contractors
- Keep adequate records for costing purposes
- Attend NHBC Resolutions / Investigations
- Oversee the work carried out by the Maintenance team and ensure they attain the expectations of the company
- Review the performance of the sub-contractors employed
You must have:
- You will have previous experience working as a Customers Services Manager / Customer Care Manager either within a main contracting, Housing Association or housing developer.
- This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to really put a stamp on a department that will continually expand as the region expands.
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please get in contact with Peter on .