PAREXEL Informatics is one of the industry’s leading solution providers and we help customers accelerate the drug development process through innovation. Our product portfolio is built on leading-edge technology and is combined with extensive medical and clinical expertise.
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham City Centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment that has the feel of an innovate technology company.
As the Head of Architecture you will be responsible for leading the Architecture function within PAREXEL Informatics Engineering, including software and infrastructure design, ensuring quality and performance standards are met. You will lead teams spanning Solution, Information, Integration, and Platform architecture as well as collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders.
As part of the senior leadership team a key aspect of the role is the establishment, leadership and continuous improvement of the systems group function within the Scaled Agile Framework. ,
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership and development of the Architecture organization to ensure its performance meets and or exceeds both the business and staff own personal goals/objectives, as appropriate:
- Set the vision and mission of Architecture as well as set the strategic and tactical goals of the group and review these goals on an on-going basis to ensure that they are being met.
- Manage the technical aspects of collaboration with third parties, such as data or service providers, infrastructure application providers, hosting facilities, etc.
- Manage 3rd party technology vendor relationships and inform stakeholders of vendor roadmaps and significant changes.
- Ensure that systems and procedures for monitoring and reporting on the progress of engineering projects are in place and operated effectively, and that action is taken to deal with exceptions, problems and unforeseen events in a timely manner
- Participate and contribute to IT policy making and in particular supporting the definition, implementation and evolution of an Application Enterprise Architecture.
- Champion efforts to improve business performance through solutions and capabilities.
- Inform strategy for customer data integration programs and facilitate harmonization with PAREXEL information systems.
- Ensure that the programme of engineering work is implemented in a consistent and coherent manner, liaising as necessary with other IS teams and engineering divisions to ensure that planned systems developments are compatible with the organisation’s existing systems, infrastructure and strategic plans.
Evolving Market Driven Design
- Analyse customer needs and marketing requests for feasibility, costs and efforts. Approve customisation of core products from both technical and resourcing perspectives and oversee delivery of those solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with product management and corporate planning processes to ensure product positioning is aligned with corporate strategy to maximize market potential
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in methodology as well as product leadership through new features and productivity improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Math’s, Science, Engineering, Computing, etc.) or a related study, or equivalent project-related experience.
- Large scale program management for multiple stakeholders
- Conflicting priority resolution, negotiating skills and influencing.
- Commercial awareness with regard to systems and 3rd party contracts
- Presentation, communication, and facilitation skills. Strong persuasion skills, including the ability to create marketing and messaging materials to satisfy stakeholder preferences
- Understanding of common system architecture frameworks and concepts
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs, as well as to determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers.
- Technical awareness of RDBMS, ESB, ETL, Portal, Security and Application Software Development
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
- Strong English communication skills in both written and verbal format
- Strong proven experience and expertise in systems integration and implementation, or software development, or a related discipline, typically gained over a number of years and a seasoned professional.
- Advanced experience in Information Technology Field with demonstrable leadership of leading enterprise architecture teams and developing business solutions
- In depth knowledge of architecture patterns and practices.
- Experience with industry methodologies such as TOGAF is preferred
- Strong knowledge and hands-on ability with EA repository management
- OpenGroup or other industry Architecture Certification would be preferred
- Experience with programming concepts, principles and protocols.
- Strong cloud architecture, specifically Azure, and solution development background
- Experience with data architecture and platforms
- Proficient understanding of Service Oriented Architecture development, associated SDLC processes, and theories/principles related to project management.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus, as well as a benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
- Windows Azure
- Enterprise Architecture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job