Graduate Operations Analyst role within leading Investment Manager.
Permanent position in top tier investment manager with excellent progression.
My client is a privately held institutional investment manager, established in 2005. Historically, their focus has been the development of quantitative models and technology which operate in tandem to systematically identify, predict and exploit profit opportunities arising from trends and inefficiencies in the prices of financial instruments traded across the globe.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Reconciliation and P&L reporting groups within the Operations team.
Standard tasks for this role include trade and position reconciliations, which involves identifying the source of breaks between the internal books and the broker reports, following up with the relevant parties, and ensuring the breaks are resolved in a timely manner. Excel and SQL are the primary tools that allow you to carry out your tasks in conjunction with software built by our Tech specialists who work alongside you. Adhoc problems typically come in the form of settlement discrepancies raised by counterparties, complex corporate action events, an existing reconciliation not being configured to handle a new type of flow, a change in methodology for a particular fee accrual, or a trader seeking clarification on an unexpected P&L swing.
This role, unlike a traditional Operations setup, is as much about appreciating every detail of the process you look after as it is about being trusted to look after it.
- Logically minded, with strong academics - typically minimum 2:1 in an analytical field from a reputable university
- Proficient in Excel - you need to interrogate and summarise large data sets, pivots not enough
- Natural problem solver - you can break complex problems into solvable parts
- Being organized - you naturally structure your responses to problems presented
- Diligence and attention to detail - a perquisite for reconciliations (spot-the-difference)
- You can multi-task, yet focus on completing priorities
- Passion to learn more and use your knowledge to add value in the team
- Some existing understanding of programming concepts is beneficial - e.g. VBA, Matlab, Python, C# - but not essential, depending on which route you want to follow within Operations.
£35,000 starting salary.
Progression and training.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job