Our client based in Cowley, Oxford are currently recruiting for a Graduate Logistics Coordinator to join their team in this developmental role.
Our client are looking for a competent Logistics Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of their site in Cowley.
You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
A great asset for a Logistics Coordinator is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices.
The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach.
The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations
- Ensure premises, assets and communication ways are used effectively
- Utilize logistics IT to optimize procedures; the use of SAP plays a large part in this role
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of raw materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Prepare accurate reports for members of the Senior management team
- Ability to offer a professional level of customer service;
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes;
- Computer literate: understanding of SAP would be advantageous;
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The role is a Monday to Friday role and the working hours are 42 each week (this includes 30 minutes unpaid lunch break Monday to Thursday).
Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm (30 hours with 30 minutes unpaid lunch)
Friday - 8.30am to 1.00pm (4.5 hours).
The remaining hours are made up with the person either starting work prior to 8.30am Monday to Friday, or staying later than 4.30pm on Monday to Thursday. Fridays are a shorter working day for those that do not work shifts.
Obviously there will be times when they will have to be flexible in terms of business needs but essentially they will decide on their own working pattern.
Initially the successful candidate would have to work 6am - 2pm shift during their training.
The salary is circa £20,000 - £25,000 per annum. This will be discussed with the client for any successful candidate that attends an interview.
If you are interested in this role then please click 'Apply’ to submit your CV.
- Graduate Level