We are looking for a Goods In Warehouse Operative, up to £17,806 dependant on experience.
This Goods in Assistant is vital to the smooth running of the goods in department and warehouse as a whole when required. Receiving and booking in client stock in accordance with SLA. Supporting and assisting with stock control of client product together with carrying out pick, pack and dispatch duties when required. Active involvement with continuous improvement projects. Take responsibility for ensuring the workplace environment is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, sales and externally with customers and transport organisations in order to organise and maintain the incoming delivery schedule
- Receiving stock, checking and entering on the Goods-In log and placing in designated areas
- Booking stock in accordance with timeframe in client SLA and ensuring that stock booking in is in accordance with the delivery manifest.
- Create bar code labels in accordance with client SLA, update the barcode label log
- Process returns using 3Ex.Net IT systems/Client’s own system and Google Docs in accordance with procedure
- Put stock away in the correct location.
- Ensure that any ILG deliveries taken are communicated to the correct contact
- Ensure that any goods leaving the warehouse are signed for and the paperwork passed to the Customer Service team
- Assisting with warehouse assistant duties as required, working from picking lists, to fulfil, pack and dispatch client orders in accordance with SLA through the 3EX.Net system/Client’s own system
- Carry out all activities in a manner that promotes safety to yourself and your colleagues. Ensure aware of health and safety procedures and highlight any risks to warehouse manager or H&S officer.
- Participate actively in DRIVE continuous process improvement projects, seek ways to develop and maximise customer service levels
- Undertake training in accordance with DRIVE programme
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- IT skills and demonstrates and ability to learn our bespoke warehousing IT system
- Numeracy skills
- Previous experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- An awareness of the importance of health and safety in a warehousing environment
- Reliable- a good timekeeper and good attendance record
- Communication skills in order to write straightforward e-mails and give verbal instructions/information to colleagues
- Physically fit enough to work in a role where the vast majority of the day is standing and requires some lifting
- Warehouse experience (essential) and working in Goods In (desirable)
- Fork lift experience (desirable)
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 20 days holiday including bank holidays with the option to buy / sell holiday.
- Birthday Leave
- Dedicated rest areas with free tea and coffee
- Parking on site
- Dedicated platform for learning and development
- Twice yearly salary review opportunities
- Social Events
- Staff member of the month rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Pension, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Healthshield - Care Package and Discount Perks.
ILG has grown to become a market leader in fulfilment, warehousing and logistics services. During this time, it has evolved alongside the e-commerce wave and major developments in the courier and freight industries to be the pick, pack and ship service for online businesses.
ILG plans continued growth through expanded services across the UK and beyond while maintaining its focus on people and quality. We are an ambitious fast paced growing business looking for motivated, talented and energetic individuals to come and join our expanding teams.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job