This is a high calibre opportunity based in the heart of the City for those with a genuine passion for providing world class technical support.
We are looking for a Global Technical Support Engineer to join an elite team in a company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide - those around you will be at the heart of development of next generation communication solutions (the connected car, aircraft passenger connectivity etc).
Working closely and collaboratively with colleagues on cases (on a quality not quantity basis), you will monitor and maintain the terminals, firmware and networks partners and end customers vitally rely on. You’ll be the first point of call for any issues relating to configuration, upgrades, and throughput, which means you will require excellent customer handling skills. Tasks can include installing and configuring systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face.
Character is all! You will be an excellent communicator, able to follow process meticulously yet build rapport naturally and remain calm under pressure. Passion, enthusiasm and warmth are prerequisites.
- Working with customers to identify and diagnose hardware device, software application, system, and/or network problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer issues and solutions to enable business Improvement initiatives
- Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Updating self-help documents so customers and colleagues can try to fix problems themselves
- Working with field engineers who conduct site visits if the problem is more serious
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION INVOLVES SHIFT WORK.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in communications / network engineering.
- Qualified to at least CCNA level or have equivalent knowledge and capabilities.
- Proactive in maintaining and growing a strong technical awareness along with a solid commercial knowledge, enabling you to build customer loyalty and rapport.
- Able to decipher technically complex issues from a multicultural customer base.
- Adaptable and flexible approach in meeting a customer’s requirements: being creative, innovative and prepared to go the extra mile in assisting customers with their queries.
- Have a working technical knowledge of:
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the telecommunications sector
- Understanding of network concepts (LANs and WANs).
- Mobile communications technologies such as Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth®
- An awareness of different types of computer based and security applications
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'