Hoek Flowers UK is part of the Dutch company Hoek Flowers, a young and dynamic family business. We are specialized in worldwide delivery of flowers and plants. With worldwide we are talking about over 56 countries. Our goal is to deliver the products ordered as soon as possible to our customers. The UK is our number 1 market and together with our Dutch and English team we delivery lots of flowers to lots of Florists 6 days a week! From Cornwall to North of Manchester! The business keeps on growing and therefore we need a General Manager who is good in organzing and make sure everything runs smoothly!
At Hoek Flowers Logistics UK we have an exciting opportunity to join our Transport teams as a general manager. We are looking for a General Manager who can manage all our logistics, daily operations and is in charge of all our UK employees. Activities you will work with an internal team from around 25 people to make sure all flowers gets delivered!
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Providing effective leadership for the team promoting growth and innovation.
- Overall management of 25 staff with three Department Managers, with direct responsibility for transport and daily operations.
- Maximizing the potential of the operation through a strong commercial focus.
- Managing transport planning and production processes and people utilization in accordance with company standards and values.
- Forecasting future transport capacity needs following the business requirements.
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with internal departments.
- Providing key data and management information regarding the board in the Netherlands.
- Ensure appropriate training to maintain competence levels and ensure all legislative requirements are met.
Our ideal General Manager have the following:
- · Extensive experience with the transport industry and managing operations within the UK.
- · Minimum of 3 years Management and Leadership experience.
- · Ability to develop and maintain strong working relations across all levels.
- · Ability to work on own initiative.
- · Good analytic and problem-solving skills.
- · Possesses relevant UK Transport Industry recognized qualifications.
- · Being customer focused and service operated.
In return we will offer our General Manager:
- · Generous salary package (based on experience)
- · Fantastic pension
- · 20 days holiday
- · Career progression within the group
Are you bold, imaginative, ready to take initiative, and feel you are the right candidate for the role as our General Manager? Please apply!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'