Your new company
High profile public sector organisation based here in NI
Your new role
As a gallery attendant your main duties will include;
- Providing guided tours and workshops for exhibitions, programmes and special events for the general public, schools and groups with special needs. To prepare for these by doing background reading.
- Maintaining the security of the buildings and their contents by the invigilation of designated areas and galleries as required, carrying out security searches where necessary.
- Providing textile and craft demonstrations and subject based workshops such as hand-hackling, spinning, weaving and arts and crafts
- Assisting in the setting up of facilities for exhibitions and events which will included the carrying of furniture and equipment and assistance with display making.
- Assisting on a rota basis with administration tasks such as stock taking, inventory, mailing and photocopying
What you'll need to succeed
5 GCSEs Grace A-C or equivalent. One of these must be in a history, science and/or arts related subject
- At least 3 years experience in one or more of the following: Working as a gallery assistant in a museum, historic building or other heritage facility - Working with the public, preferably in an arts, history, science or crafts environment - Working in a customer care environment - Working with school children
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Proven interest and ability in some area of arts or crafts e.g. needle skills, hand spinning or weaving, wood work, art, fine arts, drama
What you'll get in return
- Immediate start with weekly pay
- Casual hours
- Free onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.