Job Title: Flood Risk | Drainage Consultant
Salary: £26K - £31K
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Flood Risk Consultant to join a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Bedford. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of environmental and technical areas but predominantly within the planning discipline.
1. Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Sustainable Drainage Strategies (SUDS) and Flood Risk chapters for Environment Statements;
2. Design of flood and drainage mitigation measures;
3. Supporting the preparation of bids and fee proposals;
4. Client liaison and attendance at meetings;
5. Consultation with the Environment Agency (EA) and Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFAs);
6. Desk-based research and data collection / analysis;
1. Environmental Science, Hydrology or similar degree, preferably with a related MSc;
2. Professional experience preparing and designing Flood Risk Assessments and Sustainable Drainage Strategies;
3. Good technical understanding of the key sources of flooding and sustainable drainage;
4. Proficient report writing and IT skills;
5. Knowledge of the UK planning regime and guidance documents: NPPF, Planning Practice Guidance.
6. Able to deliver innovative high quality environmental solutions to clients on time and budget;
7. Able to collect and interpret environmental data and information;
8. Able to clearly present / discuss projects with colleagues, clients and Regulators; and
9. Keen to understand / learn about environmental policy and the UK planning regime.
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.