What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Our Regional Risk and Regulatory Group is a dedicated team of professionals who specialise in assisting firms in the development of its governance, risk and compliance arrangements. Our regional Risk and Regulatory Team focuses on providing clients with support and advice in relation to compliance and regulatory arrangements and Enterprise Wide Risk Management Frameworks, with a particular focus on Conduct, Operational and Strategic risk.
We offer the opportunity to work on exciting risk and regulatory projects with a wide variety of financial services clients. We are committed to retaining and developing our people and are prepared to invest in an individual's development through a combination of professional qualifications, mentoring, and industry leading in house training and on the job experience. The individual will have the chance to influence and drive their own development plan to help align it to their career aspirations and personal preferences.Role description
We are looking to expand our team of focused, aspirational and collaborative practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as an Assistant Manager or Manager to support our existing regulatory specialists in this challenging and rapidly expanding business. Deloitte offers a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast-growth environment.Location
You will be based in either the Deloitte Manchester or Leeds office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across industry specialisms - our clients are varied, and vary in location. Whilst some clients are Northern based, we can spend time on site with other regional clients. We specify full mobility for our audit roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.Responsibilities
The successful candidates will assist in the provision of a range of different service offerings provided by the Risk and Regulatory Group, which may include:
- Delivering high-quality output, advice and assurance to the firm’s clients on a variety of engagements and in line with the agreed deliverables
- Supporting the firm’s clients in implementing enhancements to its Regulatory and Compliance arrangements (including Conduct Risk) taking into account current regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Maintaining, developing and sharing knowledge to ensure high quality delivery to clients
- Contributing to the development of the wider team
- Managing the Firm’s risk exposure at all times through adherence to our quality and risk management practices when engaged on client work
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities across existing and new clients and managing these accordingly
- Supporting local and national projects and initiatives
- Perform management responsibilities including engagement economics, supervision and coaching of staff
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Knowledge of UK regulation and some experience of providing regulatory and compliance assurance services is preferable.
- Experience of developing, implementing and reviewing Compliance and Conduct Risk policies, processes and procedures.
- Some knowledge of governance practices and requirements (such as the UK Combined Code)
- Evidence of operating and interacting at a senior management level.
- Experience delivering training or education on regulatory issues to senior stakeholders
- Experience of working within the UK Financial Services industry with a financial services firm, regulator (the FCA or PRA), or a professional services firm
- Industry related relevant qualifications would be beneficial (such as I, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Financial Services
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Proven Experience managing diverse teams
You are here: Audit and Assurance
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 142562
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job