This Financial Reporting Manager opportunity is working for a well-known retail brand which consistently delivers robust financial performance, despite market conditions. There is flexibility for the right person to start within the next couple of months so longer notice period are not an issue.
The Financial Reporting Manager is a high profile role in which you will work closely with the Finance Director and Financial Controller and fill a very important gap in terms of knowledge around technical aspects of the accounting, along with full responsibility for managing the relationship with auditors. There will be plenty of opportunity to develop as the company and role continue to evolve, and there will very likely be a permanent opportunity upon completion of this long-term contract.
We need a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) who is a strong pro-active people person who brings a technical accounting or control background, with good attention to detail and a track record of delivering finance process improvements. You could be working within a Top 10 Practice or alternatively you could already be working within industry in a reporting role, in either case it's important you are technically strong, with a genuine flair for report writing and providing insightful commentary. Some experience in Tax is a highly desirable attribute, as is knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of the annual report and interim financial statements
- Production of subsidiary statutory accounts
- Provide accounting technical advice within group and brand finance teams
- Year end audit and the interim review, including in leading the preparation of the Accounting Matters Report for the Board
- Lead and manage the contact with and providing assistance to the Group's auditors.
- Responsibility of technical advice and guidance internally within finance and externally outside finance
- Lead the preparation of quarterly reporting information, communicated externally and internally to the FD/CFO
- Use tax knowledge to maximise elements such as customer allowances, VAT around property etc.
- Support ad hoc initiatives and analysis.
Please only apply if you are a confident individual with exemplary technical skills and the personality to partner and liaise with stakeholders at the most senior level of the business and externally.