Our client is a leading PE backed business with ambitious growth plans, looking for a qualified and highly experienced commercial finance professional with extensive commercial experience to partner the GM and work alongside the FD to support the strategic decisions of the Leadership Team.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager - MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Provide visibility to senior management, and lead the FP&A team to create tools to enhance financial clarity and decision-making.
- Lead the creation of the annual budget P&L, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows for the business. Partner closely with the GM to build budgets that are optimized and on strategy. With the Finance Director, lead financial discussions with the Europe Leadership Team by highlighting risks, opportunities, and driving to consensus on key assumptions and investment decisions.
- Lead all aspects of the quarterly financial forecast process. Determine drivers of risk and opportunity versus the operating plan, and deliver sound, strategic and actionable course correcting recommendations to the Leadership Team that carve a path to our annual financial commitments and longer-term goals. Ensure spending is in line with budget or revised forecast expectations and provide ROI analyses as the leadership team makes investment choices (people, brand, trade spending, other).
- For all key decisions within the region (product/customer portfolio, promotion/pricing, cost savings actions, investments), influence the business with continuous guidance and advice on methods to improve, or maximize the financial opportunity of those considerations. Make objective recommendations that serve the best interests of the business as a whole.
- Relentlessly pursue opportunities to improve processes, improve forecast accuracy, assess risk, and establish urgency across the organization to maximize EBITDA.
- Manage, coach, and inspire three direct reports.
KEY REQUIREMENTS OF ROLE
- At least 10 years’ experience in FP&A commercial, preferably with exposure to fast growing businesses
- Outstanding track record of people and cultural leadership
- Previous ownership of financial forecasting, and other critical financial process and analysis
- Proven ability to communicate complex financial information concisely and accurately to a broad audience
- Experience working with and influencing cross functional teams
- Cash Flow
- Financial Forecasting