Do you have strong accounting and analysis background?
Do you have previous experience in an Accounting and/or Financial Planning role?
Consider the role of Financial Planning Analyst at Reed In Partnership in Liverpool!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
The Financial Planning Analyst will organise business financial forecasting and planning. They will lead the coordination of the financial planning cycles, working with the business and other Finance colleagues to deliver timely, robust financial planning outputs that capture cross functional outputs in an efficient and effective way. The role will also prepare consolidation and analysis of variances to previous projections to aid senior management and the board of directors to focus on key drivers behind the numbers.
The role will ensure the long-term strategies are appropriately reflected in the 5 year planning horizon.
The Financial Planning Analyst will provide analysis, interpretation and insight to senior management of financial results and forecasts, highlighting risks and opportunities and commentary to inform strategic decision making and help drive the business forward.
They will review and analyse the company's finances with a critical eye - trying to spot data anomalies, trends, or deviations and identify and communicate strategies for improvement.
The Financial Planning Analyst will play a key role in reviewing and re-engineering the business financial planning process with a view to creating better partnerships and working relationships across the process for enhanced quality and regularity of key insights and direction.
They should have an analytical mindset and be curious to learn how to do things better, which improves the whole organisation.
This finance team have adopted a hybrid working pattern and staff are typically in the office for a approx. 50% of time and preferences are considered.
This Job Description does not constitute an exhaustive list of duties and the Financial Planning Analyst will be expected to carry out any other duties as may be specified by the line manager from time to time. This profile is non-contractual.
Forecasts and Budgeting
Coordinate the preparation of long-range forecasting as well as the annual budgeting and strategic review process.
- Preparation of periodic and longer term forecasts and annual budgets, developing relationships with specific cost centre managers to facilitate an effective service to budget holders.
- Detailed analysis of financial plans, producing commentary and sharing of insights
- Ownership and preparation of the Budget packs with commentary
- Create cashflow & balance sheet forecasts with analysis
- Assist with the assessment of new contracts from a finance perspective, reviewing budgets and plans and ensuring that the appropriate accounting treatments are implemented.
- P&L and business analysis, working with colleagues in group finance, operational functions and other central functions
- Ensure best practice and latest developments in forecasting and budgeting are promoted to senior finance management.
- Assist the business in the evaluation of new opportunities and business change
Commercial & Financial Analysis
The Financial Planning Analyst supports the Associate Director of Commercial Finance and Commercial team in the review and sense checking of financial models produced as part of new contract tendering.
- Regular monitoring of financial performance against forecast and target with analysis and financial KPIs
- Support in peer checks and governance of new finance models produced as part of new contract tendering including cash flow forecasts. Assessing the impact to the wider business and plans and ensuring strong governance.
- Useful and proactive variance reporting
- Provide financial analysis to support bid processes where necessary and can add value • Assist the business in the evaluation of new opportunities and business change
Other Key Responsibilities
- Ensure that the procedures and policies followed in the preparation of the annual budgets and forecasting are fully documented.
- Control and maintenance of the planning system
- Set up new reports in Planning system when required
- To support the Finance function in continually embracing emerging technology to enhance the operation of the department
Skills & experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'