TUI Group is the world’s leading leisure travel company operating in over 180 countries with more than 30 million customers in 31 key source markets. Annual revenue is in excess of €18.5 billion and underlying operating profit is over €1.1 million. Compliance requirements are complex given that TUI Group is a FTSE and listed company with all the responsibilities this entails, whilst at the same time being listed on the M-DAX in Germany. Currently there is appetite for a stronger control environment across this progressive, complex and diverse group of businesses, and this is being delivered through the rollout group-wide of an internationally-accepted enterprise risk management framework, the COSO framework.
What you will be doing
As Group Financial Controls Business Partner you will be performing an annual programme of balance sheet and financial control reviews at businesses to ensure that balance sheets are correctly stated and balances justifiable.
You will support businesses to ensure the COSO minimum controls are in place, operating effectively and appropriately evidenced. At larger businesses, you will test the operation of critical controls and/or review testing performed by the local teams as part of the overall COSO monitoring framework.
You will verify quarterly control checklist responses to ensure full compliance and sign-off by businesses. You will also conduct desktop financial reviews / prepare and analyse KPIs for smaller business units.
Furthermore you will assist in the preparation of reports to senior management detailing work conducted and results found from the balance sheet and financial controls review programme and control checklist response verifications.
You also will be involved in various ad hoc projects as required.
The above will likely entail a reasonable amount of overseas travel (circa 40% on average) and working independently but with central support.
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant / risk management professional with strong proven academic record from blue chip / Top 20 firm background. Ideally 1st or 2nd class degree, with experience in internal or external audit.
- Experience of large, complex organisations and small businesses.
- Strong current technical accounting skills (IFRS, UK GAAP, etc).
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the organisation and maintain credibility with a range of stakeholders.
- Second language desirable (Spanish, French, German preferred)
- Skilled communicator, both face-to-face and via report writing.
- Experience of change projects and / or ability to operate in highly fluid environment.
- Good project and time management skills; able to complete tasks to challenging deadlines.
- IT systems knowledge / experience desirable
- Likely to have experience of consumer-facing industries (eg leisure, retail)
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job