Financial Controller | Derby| £40,000 - £50,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a growing business, based in Derby.
Recruiting for a Financial Controller, this job within a small team will report to the Finance director and will produce monthly financial statements and offer support and advice to the wider business. The FD is currently succession planning for the future, so this role has the potential to progress into a number 1 role over the next few years.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the company's financial reporting, such as its annual accounts & project costings. You will be responsible for managing all of the company's transactions, from accounts payable, VAT, receivable rents and controlling small management companies. Knowledge of using Sage is essential.
So what is the job?
- Production of monthly accounts with the full information pack
- Production of the monthly contract costing pack
- Production of a quarterly 13 week cash flow forecast
- Production of the monthly WIP schedules
- Approval of credit application for new business
- Production of the annual budget for review.
- Management and tracking of all overhead costs
- Managing the cash flow and approving the creditor's final payment run with the FD
- Working with the FD on cost control exercises
- Management of the administration staff in the finance and admin section.
What are you like?
- Full understanding of sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll and trial balance
- To have sound knowledge of accruals, prepayments, work in progress and stock
- The ability to produce a monthly accounts and statutory pack, budget and cash flow forecasts
- To have sound knowledge of VAT, PAYE and basic knowledge of Corporation tax and finance agreements
- Experience of Sage 50 with very good knowledge of Excel to pivot tables.
- To be able to communicate with all levels of staff: junior, managers and directors
- To have the ability to make decisions when faced with difficult situations.
- To be of a positive nature with a can do attitude.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified (Finalists and QBE will also be considered)
Package - £40,000 - £50,000
If you want to join a successful small business with potential to grow then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.