Exciting opportunity for a newly/ recently qualified accountant to join a high profile organization. Due to recent changes, our client is expecting activity to increase in the short/ medium term. Recognised as a great place to work.
The purpose of the role is to assist in running the accounting functions of the main company and associated companies to facilitate efficient and effective financial support for the management team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To assist in the management of the accounting and financial control procedures which safeguard the assets of the company. To proactively identify areas of weakness and work across departments to identify / implement improvements.
- Preparation/Review of the monthly management accounts and providing insightful narrative on balance movements.
- Calculation of quarterly fees and preparation of documentation to draw required funding.
- Preparation of investment funding drawdown documentation as required based on advice as to funding requirements provided by the respective Fund Managers. Maintaining pipeline and investment data required by Holding Funds in support of investment funding drawdown claims.
- Distribution of cash collections to Holding Funds on a timely basis as set out in the Partnership Agreements.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly data submissions .
- Assist in preparation of narrative for Quarterly Reports to stakeholders.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly reports in respect of the covenant obligations
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual financial statements and statutory accounts in co-operation with the Financial Controller.
- Assist budget managers in monitoring expenditure and commitments against budget.
- Assist the Financial Controller with development and improvement of the accounting and associated systems in accordance with best practice
- Issue guidance to management team concerning working practices in relation to financial systems and procedures and to provide advice, guidance and information on all financial procedural matters
- Assisting the Financial Controller in setting up new funds
- Reviewing inputs into Framework to ensure accuracy of information held.
- Co-operation with auditors, advisers and stakeholders as required.
- Providing cover for the Financial Accountant / other team members as required.
- Preparation of ad hoc tasks and accounting reports as required
- Any other task as may be defined by the Financial Controller to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Recognised UK accountancy qualification with post qualification experience ideally in a financial environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Team working skills and an open and enthusiastic approach to work
- IT/PC literate with good ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting developments including IFRS & FRS101
- Experience of consolidation accounting
- Good knowledge of industry and commerce
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel around the offices
- Ability to prepare integrated financial forecasts
- Familiar with the use of Sage or other similar accounting packages, Portfolio Management Systems (e.g. Framework or similar) and other relevant software
- Knowledge of the financial needs of SMEs
- FCA/Private Equity experience
- Welsh Speaker