Join one of the UK’s renowned retailers within our Finance Department as a Finance Manager. Apply now and become part of the family!
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join the team here at Head Office. As a Finance Manager you will develop, coach and mentor 3 direct reports in the delivery of high team efficiencies and the production and analysis of insightful management information. You will lead the team to ensure that all costs are transparent, with key drivers understood by the business, ensuring investigation and challenge is undertaken where appropriate to pro-actively drive value across the business, thereby maximising both productivity and profitability.
- You will role model the Matalan values, demonstrating both the leadership and operational support and guidance required.
- You will focus on the analysis of data and working with all business areas to understand the key drivers of cost, encouraging challenge from within the team.
- You will encourage effective relationship building and networking across the business, thereby improving the awareness of the overhead cost base and identifying areas of opportunity to be more cost effective and maximise profitability. Areas of risk should be discussed and followed up to understand potential impact, both short and long term.
- You will support the team in the production of relevant analysis and investigation of cost variances, both to plan and the prior year, and co-ordinate ad-hoc analysis to aid decision making, delegating where appropriate to do so.
- You will review processes and policy adoption, to ensure that accurate accounting records for all overhead costs are maintained and understood within the team and the wider department, demonstrating continuous improvement in both efficiencies and quality of outputs.
- You will lead the team in contributing to the financial planning of the business. This will include co-ordinating the teams outputs for short term rolling views, biannual budgets and multi-year business plan assumptions.
- You will be aware of impacts of the external economic landscape and ensure that the team understand how this may affect the overheads of the business.
- You will support the team with the production of content for the monthly Management Accounts.
- You will support the team in their personal development, improving both behavioural and technical skills, helping them to achieve individual and company-wide objectives.
- Qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA, with up to date knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Significant experience in a similar role and environment
- IT literate, with good knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical Skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to lead a team
- Confident and assertive
- Influencing and negotiation skills
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'