iRecruit Partners are currently working with a company based in Newbury who are looking for a Finance Manager.
In this role you will have responsibility for the efficient running of the Finance Team. To this end you will manage and support the Finance Assistants by ensuring that they can carry out their duties, know what is involved in their roles and when necessary carry out their roles on a back-up basis.
- Month end reporting of the financial position of the firm
- Month end system process
- Monthly balancing of cash books, office and client
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Prepayments and accruals
- VAT return and VAT monitoring
- Payroll input and liaising with TopSource
- Pension and Life Assurance Administration
- Liaison with Tikit on Finance issues
- Year-end schedules
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting
- Continually looking for and implement process improvements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The Firm runs a computer system based on Windows and Word. A Case Management System is provided to run all matters. All staff need to be conversant with the principles behind the programmes and training will be given.
- The use of e-mail and voice mail feature in office procedures and the principle of good communication will be constantly addressed.
WHAT WE ASK:
Everyone who works for the client will:
- Support and implement the vision and strategies of the firm and demonstrate our values consistently
- Understand the long-term direction of the firm
- Embrace change in order to help the firm develop and thrive
- Acknowledge that the success of the firm depends on a consistent approach
- Accept that everyone has a responsibility for helping the client to succeed and an expectation of sharing in the rewards that will bring
- Work constructively with others in the team and across the firm to achieve objectives
- Use effective communication
- Contribute in a respectful and constructive manner to discussions
- Embrace a learning atmosphere where mistakes are supportively identified, owned and learned from
- Be entitled to expect everyone else in the firm, including the partners, to do likewise
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm.
- Budget Management
- Vat Returns
- Month End Close
- Year End Accounts