We are recruiting for a growing, ambitious SME business, with head offices in North East England, and further offices in London, India, Spain and Netherlands. Due to the continued growth of the business, we are recruiting a Finance Assistant to assist with day-to-day transactional work. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main duties will be:
- Purchase Orders - prepare and send for authorisation.
- Purchase Invoices - send for authorisation if no purchase order, input on Sage system. Match invoice with purchase orders.
- Sales Invoices - Raise invoices and send to relevant persons.
- Expenses - Prepare and input expenses onto Sage (monthly). Check against receipts. Ensure that all claims and receipts are authorised and filed
- Barclaycard - Send transaction list to relevant staff, input Barclaycard transactions onto Sage system. Check against receipts. File copies of receipts.
- Payment run - Prepare weekly BACS payment run for checking
- Bank transactions - record bank transactions in the Sage system
- Other - occasionalad hoc work as directed by the Finance Manager
Training on the above tasks will be given.
The ideal candidate will ideally possess some or all of the following:
- Some experience of accounting software (Sage, Oracle, SAP etc)
- Confident user of MS Office programmes e.g. Excel. Advanced level skills not essential
- Working knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and control accounts
- Good team player and willing to help out wherever possible - particularly important in an SME company
- Keen to perform well and learn
This is a full-time role (9-5 Monday-Friday), although for exceptional candidates we are open to part time.
We are offering a salary of £18,000-£20,000 per annum
25 days annual holiday plus normal bank holidays
There is an auto-enrolment pension scheme in place, details of which will be given upon offer
There is free car parking on site.
This role offers the chance to grow and develop in a friendly and rewarding environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'