Our client in Duns is looking for a temp in Finance
A leading industry client
- Upload and review of daily income reconciliations
- Upload and review of purchase invoices, ensuring coded accurately with appropriate authorisation.
- Processing of bank payments and receipts.
- Processing of expenses and petty cash.
- Debtors & creditors control, including weekly debtors report. Keeping relevant team members informed of outstanding sums and maintaining good credit control on all accounts.
- Monthly payment run and other payments as required. Including payments to HMRC.
- Quarterly VAT returns including partial exempt calculations.
- Preparing and submitting customer invoices. Including pitch fee and rates invoice instructions to parks.
- Updating meter reading records and verification.
- Submitting quarterly PV Panel Readings.
- Monthly journals.
- Updating all contract farming agreements payment schedule for basic and divisible returns.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Banking when required.
- Month end sales and wages reporting.
- Preparing draft monthly management accounts for submission to Finance and Administration Manager for review and approval.
- Assisting with production of year end accounts, working papers and audit queries.
- Assisting with administration of payroll and the payment of wages and salaries. Including annual leave and other absence from the workplace when required using HR software.
- Filing of records and archiving.
- Producing analysis reports when required. Including for annual bank review meeting and bi-annual board meetings.
- Assisting with insurance renewals and claims. Including dealing with travel and health insurance.
- Ensuring PCI compliance.
- Assisting with GDPR tasks and compliance.
- Completion of National Statistics Surveys and other similar forms.
- Dealing with family telephone accounts.
- Weekly backups of accounting software.
- Attendance at any training courses or events which the company regard as relevant to the performance of your duties.
- Maintaining workstation in a tidy order.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested of you.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Xero accounting software may be advantageous.
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Driven, proactive and motivated.
- Flexible "can do" attitude and an excellent team player.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ideally holds a full and clean driving licence.
A competive rate/salary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'