Family Mediation Facilitator (Part Time)
Bridgend (office/field based)
Are you looking for an engaging and rewarding support role where you can help families and young people? Could you thrive as a Family Mediation Facilitator for an amazing charity that is breaking down barriers and ending domestic violence? If so, read on.
Our client is recruiting on behalf of a pioneering charity that is dedicated to ending domestic violence and abuse. They are now looking for a Family Mediation Facilitator to join them on a part time basis for 16 hours per week.
- Salary of £21,000 pro rata
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
- A collaborative, welcoming and supportive environment
- Free on-site parking
- 6% non-contributory pension
This is a highly rewarding role that will see you deliver a range of services to support families and individuals in need. You’ll be providing a vital link to their support network and enabling them to work on relationship issues, build bridges and get their lives back on track.
The team you will join are highly dedicated and professional with in-depth knowledge and experience that will mean you can learn more and gain further understanding of this vital sector. You’ll have the chance to innovate and utilise new methods and thinking to get families talking and support them in rebuilding.
So, if you are seeking a fresh challenge where you will do some genuine good work and help those who really need it, this is the role you’ve been waiting for. Read on and apply today.
As a Family Mediation Facilitator, you will be tasked with facilitating and enabling communication between families and young people to ensure they discuss issues constructively.
Working with the partners and ex-partners of those who attend our client’s domestic violence prevention programme, you will help people to make informed decisions and communicate effectively with each other.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Screening referred cases to determine which are suitable for mediation
- Providing shuttle and telephone mediation services where required
- Supporting 1:1 mediation as a family to young people and their parents
- Assisting with safety strategies
- Co-facilitating the perpetrator programme
- Preparing settlement agreements
- Taking part in casework and risk review meetings regarding participation and issues that arise
To be considered as a Family Mediation Facilitator, you will need:
- Experience of working as a family mediator
- A working knowledge of current legislation with regard to Domestic Abuse
- Experience of managing family conflict and conflict resolution
- An excellent understanding of the impact domestic abuse has on the whole family dynamic and how to respond appropriately
- An excellent understanding of the power balance
- An excellent understanding of child protection practices, processes and legislation
- An understanding of the legal system and legal options available to a family
- A full, clean driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to undergo an advanced DBS check, which will be arranged by the employer/our client.
Experience of working with Agored Cymru would be beneficial to your application. Experience of liaising with other agencies, both statutory and voluntary would also be favourable, as would experience of working with service users with drug and/or alcohol issues.
Experience of working with groups wold also be advantageous, as would the ability to empower women. Experience of working with families in a domestic abuse setting would also be of benefits, as would experience of delivering perpetrator programmes.
Other organisations may call this role Family Mediation Facilitator, Family Mediator, Programme Facilitator, Support Worker, Domestic Abuse Support Worker, Social Care Worker, Family Support Worker or Family Support Co-ordinator.
Please note, this is a part time role working 16 hours per week 8am and 8pm throughout the week with occasional additional evening work.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you feel you could help families and young people who are in desperate need of support in your role as a Family Mediation Facilitator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.