Cordant People Sheffield are recruiting for 2 Fabricators for our manufacturing client based in Rotherham.
Purpose of Role:
Fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules. Design and manufacture lean manufacturing tooling.
- Work includes welding, set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or improve/alter finished products.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Executes, revises and measures progress of continuous improvement plans.
- Contributes to the training and educating of employees in the organisation to develop the mix of skills and abilities ensuring successful continuous improvement behaviors
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs
- Initiate, support, sponsor, and implement organisational change, helping others to successfully manage organisational change where necessary.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to Health and safety procedures encouraging "safety first" culture.
- Take ownership of personal development, to successfully develop own capabilities, knowledge and personal development and those within the team.
Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices, tools and machines
Knowledge and practical application of quality systems accreditation and standards
Time served Welding experience
Vocational knowledge and insight required for practical application of methods and techniques, knowledge typically acquired through technical training.
Cordant People are an employment business and equal opportunities employer. Ref CP1
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.