I am looking for a key member of the events department and continue to lead the highest standards in delivery of all events on site.
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of
all aspects of the banqueting department. To assist the Sales & Events Co-ordinators and Managers in delivering successful events, satisfied customers and a well-managed department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This role works directly to support the sales team and events duty manager
• Support the sales team in being a point of contact during set-ups and functions
• Checking function sheets and set up’s are accurate and up to standard
• Be able to lead a show around and sell the venue when necessary
• Ensure communication is seamless between the sales office and front of house teams
• Be forward thinking and using initiative to suggest new or improved ways of working within the team and business, new or improved services to customers
• Ensure that all function sheets are fully understood and answer any questions that the front of house team may have
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be well presented
• Responsible for making sure that the team meet the standards required
• Administrative duties such as deposits and answering email enquiries from the website in the absence of Liza, Sean or Molly.
• Creating floor plans for the carvery and general events if requested to do so.
• Attend a weekly meeting with the sales team and contribute to the arrangements/ planning for the following week
Provide general assistance to the Managers when required.
Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
As this role falls within the food and beverage department, you are expected to have a clear working knowledge of the food and beverage department as well as be able to work in and cover all areas of the department as and when necessary.
This list is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of duties. From time to time management will vary the duties according to the needs of the business and in line with the scope of the role.
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum of one year’s experience in arranging and managing functions and events.
- Experience in dealing with the public and customer complaints.
- Working knowledge of the food and beverage department within a catering environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly disposition.
- Professional conduct and efficient communication skills.
- A self-motivated, can-do attitude
- Team orientated and the ability to successfully work with others
- Well organised, pro-active, good at prioritising and managing time
- Driven to achieve high standards of service
- Ability to use resources and finances appropriately.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours including weekends as appropriate.
- High standard of competence with Microsoft Office.
- Five GCSEs or equivalent (to include English and Maths)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job