Event Sales Executive
Overall package: £32,500.00
Salary - £25,000. Comms - 30% of salary £7500 OTE in year one
Location: City of London
Permanent | Full Time Role
Some domestic and International required
An opportunity to join one of the the leading events organisers in the world on a well known and respected annual exhibition.
Already a well established and very successful event, I am looking for a confident sales/business development professional to support and drive further growth. If you have a proven record of exceeding sales targets and strong client relationship management skills this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Event Sales Executive is responsible for maximising revenue generation and for delivering exceptional customer service. A strong customer care ethic and excellent account management skills are essential, coupled with a proven track record in generating new business.
The successful candidate will be motivated by taking ownership of relationships, providing excellent customer ROI, developing new revenue streams and achieving sales targets. It requires an individual with a genuine desire and ability to learn/absorb an industry, its issues, trends and players and apply that knowledge in a sales environment. The candidate would also have a flair for selling to international clients.
The candidate will be in a great position to take advantage of career development opportunities within the organisation and become more strategically involved in the development of the event portfolio as it expands globally. The successful candidate must be a keen team player, motivated and committed to the overall exhibitor / sponsor experience.
- Sell stand space and sponsorships via telephone, email, and in-person visits.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and per event sales goals for directly assigned sales territory. Meet daily and weekly targets for defined sales calls and customer emails; receives calls from, renews and supports current exhibitors through the order and account management process and is responsible for customer service for the entire event cycle.
- Makes outbound calls to prospect and retain customers according to process protocols; executes campaigns and documents results via and communicates specific issues, targets, trends and opportunities using analytics. Focuses on new sales, renewal sales, sponsorships and advertising.
- Work independently and with line manager to create strategic plans to achieve revenue goals by generating new sales ideas and researching new markets and trends.
- Work closely with show management to develop creative sales messages and marketing promotions.
- Prospect for new business through various sources including industry and other publications, websites and competitive shows.
- Provide accurate sales projections and forecasts.
- Maintain and update sales databases.
- Function as an integral part of overall show management effort in performing additional duties as required.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and ensure the customer is provided continued service as it relates to their investment.
- Travel as required to tradeshows (both domestic and international) and/or to visit with clients as needed.
- Responsible for contract completion and accuracy. Works with Sales Operations to ensure pricing accuracy and assists with customer contact for overdue payments (collections) and resolves other exhibitor issues.
- Help ensure exhibitor and attendee experience is maximized on show site.
- Experience selling to high-level decision makers.
- Creative talent possessing charisma and energy.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of sales database management a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Must be team-focused with a collaborative mindset and able to work seamlessly with exhibitors and internal teams.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, fast learner.
- At least 1-year experience in telesales and/or or face-to-face sales.
- Demonstrates a proven record of understanding sales, the sales cycle, driving revenue and team success.
- Well-developed questioning and probing skills with an analytical approach enabling the interpretation of answers.
- Experience in effectively communicating priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills.
- Experience in a B2B events/media environment a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills. Listens to and understands customers and supplier expectations, needs and wants.
- Anticipates and responds to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days of submitting your application. Please do assume on this occasion you have been unsuccessful for this particular role.
- New Business
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'