The Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are delighted to be working with a major FMCG operation as they look to bolster their senior management team by hiring an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager.
The role will cover 2 major operations in Derbyshire and Lincolnshire and require travel between the 2.
The main responsibilities of this position will be to ensure all plant and equipment is maintained to the highest possible standards at both locations within budgetary constraints; to influence and promote efficiency (including but not limited to energy consumption); to ensure all activities are fully compliant with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements).
Reporting to the Site Director, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is maintained to the highest possible standards at each of the company locations within budgetary constraints.
- Responsibility, under the Director, for the maintenance budget, ensuring all costs are justified.
- Motivating and leading staff at all levels, to ensure cost effectiveness for the business.
- Delivery, under the Director, of departmental KPIs and targets.
- Facilitating the continuous development of the maintenance personnel.
- Deputising effectively in the absence of the Site Director.
- Management responsibility for the control of external suppliers and contractors (including onsite maintenance, refrigeration and electrical engineers, builders and all other outside contractors).
- Implementation of a new, preventive maintenance software platform and ongoing management of same.
- In conjunction with 8. above, ensuring the planned preventative annual maintenance schedule is fully up-to-date, meets all legislative requirements and is adhered to.
- Responsibility, under the Director, for the continual development of the Engineering Plan.
- Implement policies, procedures and organisational structure for assigned operating units.
- Playing a leading role in ensuring that H&S, Quality and HACCP standards are met, and that all activities are covered by RA and SSOW - take relevant steps to ensure the Health & Safety of staff, suppliers and customers when on site (where relevant, in conjunction with H&S managers and Q&T managers).
- Contributing to the continuing development of the business through providing management support to projects and initiatives from an organisational, operational, financial and resource point of view.
- Assisting with the Company's sustainability strategy.
- Co-ordinating and conferring with staff at all levels to resolve operating problems and difficulties and authorise department operational procedures within framework.
- Complying with the requirements of the Company Integrated Management System Procedures and Instructions as they affect/influence the incumbent's role.
- Complying with the Company Environmental requirements and to dispose of waste according to Company Environmental Policies
The business are looking for a degree level (or equivalent) candidate who possesses NEBOSH or IOSH H&S qualifications.
The chosen candidate will have extensive engineering and maintainance experience within an industrial enviroment and ideally have an electrical qualification.
It would be desirable for a candidate with food production or refrigeration experience and someone with very strong man management skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading business and work closel with the site director.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.