What you’ll be doing...
Payroll Consultant understands basics of common local country payroll requirements and demonstrates a fundamental understanding of the payroll processing operations and key performance indicators that drive business. Role demonstrates an understanding of the payroll processing tools (ERP, HR and Payroll, and time reporting) and the ability to use these appropriately to perform their tasks supporting New Hires, Terminations, Special Pay, Deductions and Banking. In addition, this role must demonstrates a basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and basic understanding of organizational industry standards specific internal control concepts and principles.
Scope of responsibilities include but is not limited to the following:
* Gathering, deriving and processing inputs to the payroll vendor to support the gross to net calculation.
* Processing of the payroll data in accordance with the prescribed timetables
* Verification of payroll output and review with payroll manager
* Prepare and deliver payroll reports within the specified timeframes
* To ensure net payments are made on time
* Completion of payroll reconciliation
* Works to support the team as assigned, enabling the business through technology enhancements.
* Focuses on implementing standardized and simplified processes.
* Performs detailed verification, review and preparation of payroll updates as required from vendor interface files, self-service or manual updates. Defined processing timeline schedules must be achieved to ensure the timely and accurate recording of all employee transactions.
* Work’s closely with the payroll provider(s) and local HR to ensure local compliance practices are being followed and all employment tax, government and local filings are being submitted in a timely manner. This includes all year end activities and BIK reporting
* Supports all customer service channel SLA’s, activities and key contact to ensure regular updates are maintained as it relates to processes, changes and/or announcements to assist in maintaining up-to-date information available to both customers and staff.
* Identifies the need for special adhoc queries to assist in completing appropriateness review of fluctuation deviations from standard processing flow or expected results.
* Support activities in support of testing changes impacting transactional processing that are the result of system upgrades, enhancements or changes brought about from policy, processing changes, vendor or legal review.
* Supports internal and external audit compliance.
* Seeks out continuous process efficiencies or improvements
* Understands the end-to-end functional processes as well as how the functional processes integrate with the overall end-to-end payroll processes.
* Generally works under existing standards and procedures; may require some interpretation. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action; works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations requires a review of identifiable factors.
* Provides assistance in developing process documentation as well as content for the virtual agent.
* Ensure payroll procedures are clearly documented and maintained
* Perform employee transactional payment updates within the Payroll system.
* Provide support to Payroll Integration team as required relating to project development testing efforts.
* Ability to identify and communicate process improvements as identified in the normal performance of daily functional activities.
* Cooperatively interact with peers in HR, Benefits, and Benefit vendors to resolve employee questions/issues.
What we’re looking for...
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong experience with PeopleSoft HRMS and Payroll processing responsibilities and system applications. Specifically in the area of Payroll Operations and employee data maintenance.
* Experience with end-to-end payroll processing requirements.
* Understanding of year end processing procedures and payroll rules.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Strong Customer Service skills (both oral and written).
* Finance Operations experience desirable, preferably Payroll.
* Knowledgeable on Core HR and Payroll data elements.
* Good organizational, time management and communication skills.
* Languages - Dutch, French and German would be advantageous.
* Possess knowledge of payroll practices, policies and procedures
* Flexible scheduling to meet processing demands, as required
* Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive
* Strong quantitative, organizational and analytical skills
* Possesses strong communication skills (both oral and written)
* Ability to communicate to Supervisor and Manager levels
* Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously
* Team oriented individual who interacts and supports team members, team building
* Ability to manage large work volumes, show flexibility, adapt easily to change
Good to have:
* Experience in HRMS/Payroll Processing/Timekeeping system applications
* Education - Bachelor or Associate Degree or Certified Payroll Professional Certification or FPC
* Customer Service experience
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.