Electronics Team Leader
Our products involve the control of motors, interfaces for controlling motion sensing, analogue amplifiers and general GPIO / Sensor interfacing. You will be involved in development cycles for our existing products as well as New Product development. You will see your projects every step of the way.
The successful candidate will be hands on spending approximately 80% of their time on design activities and 20% on management tasks and leading the team of 5 electronics / firmware engineers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in creating new process and best working practices
- Able to drive and shape the New Product Development cycle (NPD)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Able to review and write clear product design documents which describe the complete product in detail
- Experience of designing products for successful volume manufacture (DFM, DFT)
- Experience in the design of products for CE and global certification
- Electronic hardware design, cable design, schematic capture, PCB layout, BOM preparation, EMC compliance.
- Design of mixed signal low power, low voltage, low noise sensor circuitry
- Design of embedded digital control circuitry and real-time microcontroller solutions
- Design of Stepper and Servo motor control circuits
- Strong programming skills in C within small to medium size microprocessor systems (ARM STM32, TI MSP430).
- Experience working with TCP-IP, UDP, CAN, SPI, UART, I2C and USB communication protocols.
- Experience with sensor integration over I2C, SPI, etc
- Experience in VHDL and Intel/AlteraFPGA design
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Proficient in the use of Jira and Bitbucket
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer the best engineering environment for creative and collaborative professionals to work in a welcoming team. Our R&D department consists of 3 sections: Mechanical, Electronics and Software. All our engineers work side by side to create unique, exceptional products that are used all over the world.
Our success is only possible because of the team effort from everyone and we recognise the individual input of each person throughout our design and manufacturing process at MRMC.
- competitive salary
- opportunity to earn overtime
- ample and secure parking
- training and development opportunities
- N.B. the salary for this role is dependent on skills and experience
THE COMPANY - MARK ROBERTS MOTION CONTROL
We are a robotics company doing some serious hardware and software engineering. By robots we mean 6+ axis robotic arms, large multi axis rigs and 2-3 Axis camera platforms. Our products are used globally in Broadcast studios, Stadiums, Movie Sets and Photography studios to capture motion and stills.
We are everywhere! In the Fox news room in America, Game of Thrones shoots in Ireland, the South Korean Olympics in areas that can only be accessed by robots on location and photographing products and models at 2000 frames per second!
MRMC has been at the front of its field for over 50 years. Starting off from a family business, we are currently a medium sized business thriving and growing bigger every year. Recently MRMC also has become a Nikon Group Company.
If you think your career aspirations, skills and experience fit this role and our company, please apply by sending your most up to date CV to us. Our recruitment process is very straightforward and we respond quickly. MRMC will be delighted to hear from you.
This job description aims to provide an overview of the duties required. The successful candidate will be required to carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Product Development
- Team Leader
- Electronic Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"