Salary for the role is around the £40,000 per annum mark. Additional payments are paid for overnights and weekends (when working away) as well as an annual company performance related bonus scheme.
You will be required to test & prove new electronic systems before dispatch to the customer, as well as visiting customer sites to monitor and service installed components and systems.
Our client designs and builds electronic systems for control and safety on installations all over the world.
As the Service & Commissioning Engineer, you will be responsible to the Service Manager and will be willing to travel worldwide to install, commission, deliver training and troubleshoot on company products.
This could be for periods of 2 to 3 days for short visits and up to 3 to 4 week longer periods. Please be aware that either could be at short notice as required.
Responsibilities will include
* On-site installation, commissioning, repair, modification and troubleshooting of all company products.
* Internal repair, testing and support including Systems engineering and the Design department
* Liaise with customers and conducting System tests and Site tests before dispatch.
* Some training of new staff members here in the UK as well as staff members who may visit the UK office from regional offices.
Experience / Requirements
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
* 3 years electronic engineering experience, preferably within service and commissioning engineering.
* Siemens S7 300 & 400 PLC systems knowledge desirable.
* Educated to HNC/HND or degree level in engineering discipline.
* Self-motivation and enthusiasm with demonstrable practical skills.
* Ability to analyse and follow schematics used in fault-finding to component level.
* Good communication skills and able to liaise with customers all over the world.
* Ability to work under pressure.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job