This is an employer who invests in its workforce and can offer unrivaled career development and progression within its sector.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join the team. The Manufacturing Engineer would be responsible for working on the development of new products and improving current products, and tasks relating to to the production of electro-mechanical and electronic assembled products.
Primary Duties include:
• Assist the Engineering Department to guarantee the manufacturability of new designs and in the development of new projects and technologies
• Assist the Planning Department in creating and maintaining relevant manufacturing instructions, which would include manufacturing drawings and process stipulations, SAP routings and work instructions, to enable production staff to complete the manufacturing operations.
• Control of product costs throughout the product life cycle.
• To establish and implement the most efficient manufacturing methods and processes to achieve the requirements specified within design data,
• To assist the Test Department to distinguish and implement appropriate testing equipment solutions,
• Overseeing the development and first build electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies,
• Working with all relevant departments to ensure that all client requirements have been taken into account within the planning process,
• Implementation of Engineering changes into production,
• Technical liaison with customers
• Supporting the with delivery of certain training programmes,
• To participate in continuous improvement initiatives,
• Provide assistance and advice to Management on the selection, installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment,
• Provide support with root cause analysis and corrective action activities,
Hours: Mon - Thurs 9am - 5pm , Friday 8am to 1pm
Salary: £32k - £40k, depending on experience
Benefits: Health Care Cash Plan (after 1 year of service), Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme (after 1 year of service), 24 days holiday per year (in addition to UK bank and public holidays), Life Assurance, Company Sick Pay Scheme (after a year of service), Free car parking
Qualifications, experience and skills required
Minimum BTEC Level 3, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
Previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in an Electronics Manufacturing Environment
Experience of Lean Manufacturing Principles
Proficient in Windows and Microsoft
Understanding of Electronic Engineering principles gained from experience
Ability to work under pressure
Proactive work ethic
Strong relationship building skills
Excellent planning skills
Be a team player
Excellent communication skills
(Experience in Solid Works and an understanding of SAP ERP and CAD processes would be use very advantageous, but not essential)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'