Editorial Manager (Medical Communications)
Summary / Heading
A global Medical Communications agency is looking for an Editorial Manager to assume responsibility for assigned accounts; supporting clients, managing junior colleagues and ensuring adherence to effective working practices.
You will be utilising effective project management skills to act as the primary editorial contact for assigned clients ensuring all projects are delivered to the expected standard whilst establishing and maintaining strong client relationships and contributing to new business proposals. You will also work closely with the Editorial Director to manage resource allocation and support in the recruitment process as necessary.
You will also be utilising excellent writing skills to create a range of medical communications as well as contributing to the review process for the work created by the editorial team. You will need to have a strong understanding of industry regulations and will be expected to keep up to date with client SOPs.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a supportive team in one of the leading MedComms agencies, taking control of the editorial processes for a number of exciting accounts.
Salary (If applicable)
£40k-50k (dependent on experience)
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This fast-growing and forward-thinking MedComms company is seeking talented individuals to join their editorial team as an Editorial Manager. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to work on a variety of accounts and not only expand on their writing/editing skills but also develop their line management and project management skills.
You will be working with clients across the world to deliver a range of unique scientific materials for their needs, and have the support provided from this communications global leader.
• 25 days holiday
• In-office Pilates and HIT training.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Life Assurance
• Private Health Insurance
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Manage assigned accounts within the editorial group.
• Take control of the mentoring and coaching of junior team members.
• Ensure adherence to industry regulations and client SOPs.
• Maintain knowledge of therapy areas, client products and competitors.
• Work closely with the accounts team to support business growth, budgets and planning.
• Assess resource requirements and assist with recruitment process.
• Life Sciences degree (BSc or higher).
• Writing/Editorial experience within medical communications either in an agency or pharma company.
• Experience of reviewing and QC-ing work.
• Experience of line management.
• An understanding of the industry local and international regulations.
• A high level of computer skills.
• Effective communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Proven business development skills.
• Strong attention to detail and high organizational skills.
Key Benefits To You:
• Opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
• Opportunity to work with highly talented team members.
• Excellent opportunities to increase knowledge and refine skills.
Agency Statement / USP / Link / Contact Details
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialist sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all agencies - therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect `fit` for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
- Editorial Manager (Medical Communications)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job