The Logistics People are currently recruiting for full time, TEMP TO PERM Duty Manager for an exciting project based from CV23, Rugby. Your main objective will be to oversee site and ensure maximum profitability through effective merchandising, control of expenditure and development of personnel.
As the Duty Manager, you will hold the following skills and capabilities;
- You will lead, train, manage and engage your team to ensure success
- You will manage and motivate your team to get them best results from all of them
- You will lead by example regarding customer service and standrards
- Ensure your site is perfect at all times – kitchen/ restaurant/ toilets/ showers/ car park
- Ensure that complete Company uniform is worn at all times whilst on duty and that the Company dress code is fully adhered to
- Adhere to site standards at all times
- Report defects to Central Maintenance team
Managing the organisational requirements of the site
- Responsible for ensuring every member of staff has an agreed performance contract and is appraised each year. Ensure that identified training needs are communicated to the Health & Safety Manager/Operations Director and any other relevant parties
- Ensure staff attend regular site meetings and receive information on site and company performance
- Be overall responsible for ensuring new staff receive ESL and site induction training, and all employees receive training/attend training courses relating to their role
- When necessary interview and recruit suitable personnel
- When necessary follow company disciplinary, appeals and grievance procedures
- Manage complaints by customers as per Company policies and procedures and ensure staff are equipped to handle customer complaints.
- Manage site absence (sickness, annual leave and ad hoc leave) effectively
- Manage staff rotas in conjunction with Site Manager and Supervisors
- Produce and manage site cleaning rotas, carrying out required cleanliness inspections
Health and Safety/Food Safety
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety rules are complied with to provide a safe environment for staff and customers
- Be fully aware of the Company Health and Safety and Food Safety policies and any updates on such matters and responsibilities with regard to these .
- Ensure all staff on site are fully aware of/receive regular updates of their responsibilities and any new regulations with regard to Health and safety.
- Ensure all Health and Safety regulations and associated matters are displayed at site e.g. Accident and Emergency procedures
- Maintain such logs and checks as may be required to operate in safe and legal manner and train staff in these procedures
- Ensure all staff are trained in first line checks on equipment and report in line with Company procedures damage to property, persons, or of persons causing damage
- Ensure an investigation is completed, and the correct notification and/or reporting procedures are followed with regard to accidents/incidents, breaches of the Health and Safety or Food Safety policy, Environmental Health visits, any adverse findings etc, within the required time scales
- Ensure correct and appropriate follow up actions are taken after accidents/incidents or receiving audit results
- Ensure that equipment on site, including those relating to fire, are regularly checked and monitored
- Attend quarterly site Health and Safety meeting.
- Ensure regular interaction with customers to gain understanding of their needs
- Proactively respond to the market to generate and improve business
- Ensure sales are maximised by the introduction and assessment of regular promotional displays and activities
- Ensure sales figures and salary hours are reported to the Site Manager on a weekly basis within the specified time scale
- Ensure Head Office receives the stock-take results within the specified time scale each month
- Lead and support in physical stock takes, ensuring the figures are accurate
- Provide fuel reconciliation figures to Fuel and Retail Manager and GM as per the accounting timetable
- Maintain adequate controls and carry out random checks to identify any fraudulent activities or any misuse in site procedures
- Authorise petty cash sheets on a weekly basis
- Assume overall responsibility for ensuring till discrepancies are fully investigated
- Respond to action plans from the site audits and stock takes within the time scales given
- Ensure that all back office systems are kept accurate and up to date at all times
- Carry out site cash up
- Ensure the salary expenditure is controlled and relative to sales performance
- Investigate stock take results as required
- Attend/chair site/other meetings as and when required or requested
- Carry out weekly standards check on each site
- Attend courses as required
- Attend annual appraisal and quarterly reviews when requested
Complete all reasonable additional duties/projects as requested by the site manager.
Please apply online in the first instance and our Recruitment Team will call through to you for interview!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"