Job Title: Domestic/Commercial Gas Engineer
Pay Rate: £29,500
Hours: 40 Hours - Monday - Friday
Holidays: 21 + Bank Holiday
Company Van + Fuel Card
- To provide gas repair, maintenance and installation works to excellent standards in terms of safety; quality and cost effectiveness.
- To have outstanding diagnostic skills and a personal commitment and ability to rectify problems wherever possible in one visit resulting in the highest levels of Company, customer and client satisfaction.
- To liaise with customers to determine exact requirements, leading to the successful completion of repair, maintenance and installation work. To be professional at all times and maintain thorough lines of communication, acting as a role model to others within the Company.
- To correctly diagnose faulty appliances, systems and controls, repairing or servicing them in the most efficient and cost effective manner whilst demonstrating a customer focused repair service, meeting the Company's aspirations and contractual responsibilities.
- To be proactive and consistently achieve what the Company deem to be an acceptable productivity level and to strive to be productive during all working hours whilst adhering to start/finish times as instructed by the Company.
- To carry out required routine annual gas servicing or any other such gas or associated work to support service delivery and Company objectives.
- To maintain a thorough technical knowledge and understanding of Gas requirements, Regulations, Codes of Practice and other relevant legislation with a demonstrable focus on personal safety and the safety of others. This knowledge is required to be able to carry out Gas work to deliver a service which meets all contractual requirements and industry standards.
- To work in compliance with instructions, detailed risk assessments and method statements.
- To participate in the Company's out-of-hour's emergency response team. This involves attending locations as demand requires outside of normal working patterns in accordance with Company Standby Rota's.
- To work effectively in conjunction with other trades to ensure that work is carried out to the required standard within designated timescales whilst customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest level.
- Wherever possible, to apply flexibility and multi-skilling so that the job can be completed in one visit.
- To act as a mentor within the workplace for apprentices, work experience placements, new starters etc, to assist in the development of their skills and to promote a positive image of the Company.
- To accurately complete all relevant internal and external documentation, such as job completion sheets to ensure financial and property records are maintained in an auditable system.
- To certify properties in compliance with Regulation 36 of the Gas Safety Installation (and use) Regulations. This will involve compiling accurate and concise reports on work undertaken, the condition of gas equipment, systems and controls. This will involve using technology as directed by the Company.
- CCN1, CEN/WAT. HTR1, DAH1, CP1
- Energy Efficiency
- 5 Years Experience
- Desirable; MET2, Unvented, MDDA1
Principal Consultant - FM Perm
Ground Floor, Marshall Mills,
Marshall Street, Leeds, LS11 9YJ
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.