Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
As Depot Manager you will lead and inspire your team to achieve and exceed sales targets through building strong working relationships with the local trade. You will be able to use your initiative and excellent organisational skills to prioritise daily tasks to ensure the smooth and effective running of your depot.
• You will be responsible for the successful day to day operations in a highly competitive and sales focused environment.
• Embrace and promote Howdens unique selling points such as product quality and best local price.
• Encourage development and train employees, to increase personal performance levels and maintain team values.
• You will be responsible for generating increasing profit and sales turnover.
• Deal with and resolve enquiries and/or complaints from customers in a courteous, professional and knowledgeable manner.
• Hold regular staff meetings, including one to one reviews.
• Effectively communicate all sales and operations procedural changes to all depot employees in a timely and prompt manner.
• Have an excellent understanding and control of the depot costs and banking including the profit and loss account.
• Maintain a safe working environment, in line with Health and Safety regulations.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven management skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to achieve sales targets by developing and managing a team
• Able to communicate effectively and report to all levels
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws