The main aspect of this role is to effectively manage and recover failed Direct Debits on a daily basis to keep Company debt and associated risks to a minimum.
- To deal daily with any Direct Debit failures that occur within the allocated area, chasing outstanding/late payments. Demonstrate commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions concerning failed Direct Debits on a day to day basis
- Manage terminal status to ensure debt risk is minimised and allocate payments receipts
- Running debt reports to ensure all outstanding debts in area are up to date, and initiate legal process where it is deemed to be worthwhile and recoverable
- Portray a positive image of the company by always maintaining a professional manner when communicating with agents and suppliers
- Monitoring regular offenders of debt, issuing letters, emails and telephoning retailers as appropriate.
- Proactively working with retailers failing Direct Debits to reduce the number of decommissions.
- To maintain an audit trail of communication activities on the PayPoint systems, associated databases and spreadsheets ensuring compliance with PayPoint standards and data protection.
- Dealing with potential retailer and customer fraud that occurs on an ad-hoc basis
- To actively contribute and participate as a member of the team to support each other and the development of the team and to continue own development in order to improve performance
- To identify and recommend new or improved working practices to ensure the success of the role.
- To deal with Retail Debt queries or legal responses on an adhoc basis
- Excellent and confident telephone manner
- Have a flexible, pro-active and creative approach
- The ability to work to strict guidelines and targets and cope under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well as a team member and act on own initiative when appropriate
- Excellent user of IT packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Previous debt collection experience
- Bad Debt
- Debt Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job