Job Title: Data Analyst
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000
Job ref: AR / J19181
This is an excellent opportunity to join a unique Insurance Organisation who play a pivotal role within the Insurance Fraud Industry. Your primary role will be support counter fraud services to the Industry, both to internal and external stakeholders.
A vacancy has arisen for a Data Services Analyst within this expanding business.
- Timely and accurate analysis of fraud data trends and risk networks
- Production of analytical reports and papers using inferences and recommendations to highlight and help combat key threats
- Regular MI for customers, stakeholders and other teams within the business
- Assisting the Data Services Team in the effective performance, security, integrity and delivery of all core systems, including the customer portal, Insurance Fraud Register, NetReveal and Intelligence Database, with specific areas of responsibility, as allocated by the Head of Data Services
- Administering relevant procedures to ensure strict compliance with data security and retention protocols
- Analysis of business MI and processes to identify and recommend progressive change, where appropriate
- Creation and development of custom analytics work requests and change requests
- Regular attendance at, and assistance with the management of, meetings with external suppliers and third party data providers
- Delivery of customer workshops, training days , events support and resolution of customer queries in line with SLAs, using a customer-focused approach
- Development of user materials and guidance documents to assist with internal and external customer knowledge-sharing
Successful applicants need to be/have:
- Certificates of Higher Education, Foundation Degree, Higher National Diplomas (or be prepared to attain a qualification at this level)
- Experience of analysing large quantities of data to identify patterns, trends and anomalies, applying relevant context, ideally within the Insurance claims/underwriting/fraud industry
- Expert knowledge in Excel and SQL
- Proficient in the use of i2 Analyst Notebook, iBase and/or similar software
- Experience of producing high quality analytics reports/summaries/briefings
- Demonstrable track record of problem solving through analysis
- Confident in the preparation and delivery of presentations
- Strong awareness and understanding of providing excellent customer service
- Evidence of adapting analytical skills to changing roles, environments, etc.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility for own work
- Ability to produce clear and concise reports, drawing out key information
- Working knowledge of analytics systems and associated processes needed to identify suspect patterns of activity in large data clusters
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Adrian Richards to discuss further.