The Cyber Security Lead will be responsible for the security of the group’s infrastructure. The candidate will have a passion for all things cyber security, with previous experience in a similar role.
This position will require the candidate to have a broad range of cyber security experience, including experience across a number of areas such as security certifications/compliance, advanced threat readiness and protection and vulnerability management and mitigation.
The Cyber Security Lead will manage security tools such as Intrusion prevention systems, Web Application Firewalls, Vulnerability assessment and Penetration tools, Identity and Access Management tools, Security event management and vulnerability management. They will own and operate the security toolset, analysing security events/incidents/logging and collaborating to identify the root cause, escalating issues where necessary.
This post holder will also be responsible for the real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and system log event correlation. Strong forensic analysis experience is preferred for this position.
The role holder will be expected to contribute a share of day-to-day operational support issues. A flexible approach to work is essential as some out of hours support may be required.
This role is pivotal to the success of the groups’ security and compliance and we are looking for an individual that is passionate about cyber security to join our team.
- A solid understanding of Information Security Practices; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information (CIA triad.) Assessing the groups’ security measures to identify any weak points and remediate any issues.
- Patch management, vulnerability management and mitigation
- Take ownership of cybersecurity incidents and manage through to resolution.
- Development and management of Information Security related documents; Policies, processes and procedures across the group.
- Organize and review penetration testing reports and results, making risk and impact based recommendations for remediation.
- Raise Security awareness through an education program, tailoring Security needs to each business function appropriately.
- Work with the business to ensure Change Management is properly implemented and Security is considered through changes.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience required in areas of vulnerability assessment, risk-based analysis and vulnerability mitigation.
- Extensive experience with, and in-depth understanding of: attack monitoring and other security systems, eg: Intrusion Detection (IDS/IPS), SIEM, Anti-Virus, WAF, Firewalls, Identity and Access Management (IAM), patch management, and encryption
- Good experience with network monitoring tools such as Wireshark and PRTG.
- Strong understanding of network security including, DDoS, Firewall, IDS, IPS, anti-virus and common exploits.
- Technical implications of security attacks, threats and vulnerabilities and the latest information security threats & vulnerabilities and appropriate countermeasure
- Conducts risk analyses and assessments to ensure there are solutions in place to mitigate those risks
- Firewall management tools such as Cisco FireSight.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive cyber-security experience across multiple areas.
- Project management.
- Documentation and technical + non-technical writing (plans, process + procedures etc).
- Experience of application, networking and operating system hardening methods.
- Recognised industry Cyber Security certification (e.g. CompTIA Security+, CISSP or similar).
- Operational Support
- Information Security