As a Barclays Customer Service Associate based in Northampton, you will need to use your previous experience in a customer service or call centre, to provide high quality responses to all complex referrals to customers and provide excellent customer service.
You will work full time hours from 8am to 10:00pm rotational shift pattern Monday to Friday and one Saturday in every four, on a contract basis. The role is 35 working hours per week.
You will join a team that delivers a seamless customer experience and aims to achieve the best possible outcomes. They pride themselves on a right first time approach to resolving queries and complaints. They're always looking for innovative solutions that challenge the status quo as well as improve our processes.
You will be provided with 6 weeks supported training which will help you learn the basics and pass a formal accreditation to remain in the role. This will be followed by a probationary period whereby you will receive regular coaching and feedback in order to achieve the required standards.
As a Customer Service Associate, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Dealing with customers dissatisfaction, in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority time scales
* Providing excellent customer service on behalf of Barclays
* Using your initiative to develop resolutions to customers queries, ensuring that solutions satisfy both the customer and the business
* Taking ownership of certain queries from start to finish
* Having responsibility for following Barclays policies and procedures in order to solve a query
As a Customer Service Associate, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Previous experience in a customer service / contact centre role (essential)
* Experience providing customer service over the phone (preferable)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Being autonomous, with responsibility for your own workload
* The ability to work in a high-pressured and fast environment, with the ability to think on your feet
* Computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.