In today’s dynamic business and regulatory environment for corporate transactions, our clients need a partner with knowledge, versatility and determination to help you achieve your goals.
Our lawyers work on the full spectrum of corporate transactions and are located in offices across the globe in order to deliver seamless, integrated solutions to clients. Using a forward-thinking approach, Dentons works together with the client to create innovative solutions, helping them preserve value while managing risk.
From strategic planning through due diligence to post-closing integration, we are by our client's side, helping them effectively and efficiently meet their business needs. Our practical approach, coupled with sound, constructive and responsive advice, allows clients to navigate roadblocks at critical moments.
With transactional expertise, deep knowledge of the industries in which our clients operate and far-reaching experience in advising global, national and emerging companies, we maximize our global presence and local expertise to meet client needs.Purpose of role
We now have an opportunity for an Associate to join the Corporate transactional team in Edinburgh or Glasgow. The successful candidate will develop their expertise in a team that has deep sector knowledge and far-reaching experience in advising global, national and emerging companies and was named Corporate Team of the Year at the Law Awards of Scotland during November 2017.
The Corporate team deals with all types of corporate transactions, UK-wide and often with an international dimension. The practice encompasses M&A, private equity and other equity funding, equity capital market transactions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances, and corporate recovery mandates for public and private companies alike.
You will maintain and grow client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the practice.
The role would be ideal for a 2 to 6 year pqe lawyer, however we would consider more senior candidates.Responsibilities
- You will take a lead role on a wide range of corporate work, with exposure to all aspects of public and private company transactions
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of corporate transactions within the M&A and equity funding environment
- Experience of corporate transactions within the equity capital markets and/or corporate recovery environments is advantageous but not essential
- You will ideally have experience of working with UK and international clients in the corporate sector
- You will ideally have experience of preparing and participating in pitches to clients
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.Equal opportunities
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.About Dentons
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job