A global FMCG and retail company, is looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Manager, to work at their fulfillment/distribution warehouses in Maldon. The objective is to Champion Lean principles and practices across the organisation fostering a deeper understanding and adoption of these core principles therefore improve safety, quality and productivity at the sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced CIM professional, to fully apply the skills you have developed in similar positions in the FMCG sector. This is a progressive company and looking to create systems that are best in class.
- Manage the deployment and training of the production team on new WMS functionality.
- Provide training and technical support on new or existing processes.
- Work with key stakeholders to design and develop best practices and processes that utilise resources across various value streams. Responsible for consistency and operational continuity of Lean Production principles.
- Anticipate and plans for process integration initiatives that support the underlying business objectives. Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and deploy these new improvements to the warehouse operations teams.
- Function as a change agent and continuously challenge the way processes are done
- Facilitate teaching in both the classroom and warehouse environments. Serve as a role model for excellent instructional training and development of these capabilities in others.
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership, define prioritised process improvement initiatives complete with action plans, resource models, project milestones and success metrics
- Working knowledge of fulfilment/distribution processes, 5S, Continuous Flow Production, Kanban, JIT Fulfilment and writing process control documentation.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Lean Production System for continuous process improvement.
- Experience in client relationships and managing stakeholder expectations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, teaching and leadership skills
- Role model for change and a champion of lean production principles.
- Ability to influence across departments and various levels of leadership.
- Ability to measure and analyse process validations preferred
- Competencies such as business acumen, collaboration (team building), adaptability (agility), Drive for Results and Innovation, PDSA, DMAIC
- Strong background in problem solving, planning and organisation
- Track record of successfully implementing several continuous improvement programs, either departmental or enterprise level.
- Five or more years' experience implementing process improvement projects and demonstrated hands-on training delivery.
- Formal training in Lean principles is required, and certification is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Visio.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand and perform qualitative data analysis preferred.
25 days holiday.
- Change Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Business improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job