Construction Managing Director required for a growing construction company based near to Bishop's Stortford.
Your new company
Growing construction company with many years of establishment now taking on large projects and contracts.
Your new role
A Managing Director is required to "take the reigns" from the current MD. This position will provide full control of the business and we are looking for individuals with fresh ideas that can introduce growth and initiative.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need experience within the following as well as a construction background;
- Being commercially astute, aware of and be able to adapt to changing market conditions
- Being proactive in driving business growth and handling change and challenge, be open to opportunities
- Ability to day to day manage all functions in the company: Operations, H&S, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Purchasing, Logistics, Legal, Finance and HR.
- Develop and implement operational and financial processes to enable the business to function and grow
- Being able to develop short, mid and longer-term planning and forecasting tools
- Act as a negotiator with ability to price projects, and monitor financial progress from tender to completion
- Profit and Loss and Cash flow responsibility
- Build relationships with suppliers, contractors, other developers, financiers and other potential contacts within the industry.
- Manage the personnel development of the small team and proactively drive the growth of the team as required by the needs of the business
- Allocate human and cash resources efficiently to obtain best returns for the long-term prosperity of the company
- Develop, be part of and report to a "Board of Directors",
- Work closely with the business owner to develop sustainable strategies for growth and profit in line with market conditions and the available resources
What you'll get in return
There will be a generous salary and package provided along with control and ownership of company shares.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job