Are you an experienced Conference Sales Executive looking for a new opportunity? We are looking for your support and expertise to help our event grow to the biggest and best it's ever been.
Through a series of events including the highly successful conference & awards in May, memcom connects senior leaders from professional associations, membership organisations and the wider non-profit sector to collaborate, to harness best practice and to celebrate success.
Duncan Grant and the Membership Organisation first founded memcom, short for 'Membership Communications’, in 2000, aimed at senior membership communication professionals. The event has evolved over the years to ensure that memcom remains relevant to the ever-changing landscape of professional associations and membership organisations. memcom carries a rich heritage of community, collaboration and trust and has always worked hard to bring senior thought leaders together for the benefit of the sector.
If you have previously been responsible for generating and maximising sales whilst developing rapport with potential sponsors and exhibitors then this could turn out to be a lucrative, full-time appointment!
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A friendly, professional and proactive approach to sales
- Capability of generating your own leads, and convert them into sales
- The ability to maximise every sales opportunity, and close sales both face to face, over the phone and via email
- The ability to think on your feet, and offer solutions to sponsors’ needs
- Facility with cold- and warm-calling, and a proven track record in getting appointments from potential sponsors
- Effective communication - both written and verbal, and the ability to use questioning skills to understand customer requirements
- Strong team ethic
Responsibilities will include
- Working with the Commercial Manager to identify all sales opportunities and effectively convert these into conversations, appointments and ultimately, bookings.
- Accurately inputting all sponsor/lead information into the CRM
- Operating the database and sales management systems effectively and accurately
- The accurate preparation, logging and administration of sponsorship contracts
- Working with the memcom Director in the preparation of the event
- Creating an active sales plan to ensure all leads and enquiries are followed up.
- Devising, negotiating and delivering bespoke sponsorship packages and assisting sponsors with any special requests.
- Maintaining and delivering a first-class customer service - in keeping with the expectation of memcom - at all times
This contract is initially available for up to 2 months, but could be offered on a permanent basis in due course. Candidates should be available to start within the next fortnight - and no later than the third week in February. For more details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Jack at the below address.
- Business Sales
- New Business Opportunities
- Sponsorship Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job