The International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) is looking to recruit a suitably experienced Compliance Officer on a part time basis responsible for the assurance of professional standards, focusing on the regulation of members who are in practice and the provision of CPD opportunities as well as other technical, professional and business support for members.
Key aspects of the role are;
To be the guardian of compliance and regulatory standards, ensuring that standards set by Council are promptly and faithfully implemented through effective systems and in accordance with the requirements in connection with the Statutory status of the IAB as a Supervisor under Anti-Money Laundering legislation.
Represent the IAB in any appropriate national or other forums or groups in relation to regulatory, compliance or tax matters; assist in drafting responses to government or other policy consultations in connection with these. Maintaining a watching brief of changes in the regulatory and compliance environment, keeping the IAB briefed on the latest developments and implementing changes to ensure continued compliance.
Update incoming data collated in various formats and provide information based on this data. To provide advice and training support for colleagues as required in relation to compliance and related membership matters and, where appropriate, the design, content and assessment methodologies of qualifications.
Arrange and coordinate assessments, follow up on action points and report back where necessary.
Required Knowledge and skills:
- Proven organisational and administration skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritise own work and reprioritise when necessary.
- Initiative, imagination and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work positively and effectively with other members of staff.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to monitor the progress of work with good management of own time and effectively support and supervise others where required.
- Be decisive in decision making in respect of interpretation of data and generating reports, and be prepared to justify any decision.
- Understand the importance of governance in the context of a compliance regime preferably with a governance background.
- An understanding of the Money Laundering Regulations although not necessarily in relation to Accounting Service Providers.
We are a small but friendly team and welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants with references. We are happy to consider experienced returners to work. We offer 25 days holiday in addition to all bank holidays. Easy access to free parking. Normal office hours are 9 - 5pm Mon - Frid but arrangements for this part time post are fairly flexible.
- Money Laundering
- Regulatory Standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job